The resort is located at the base of the cliff of the Byzantine castle-settlement of Μystras, one of the most important cultural sites of the Peloponnese in the out-skirts of Sparta (Lakonia, Greece).
It sits on a 90,800 m² plot, 80,000 m² of which is the forest with treks leading to the archaeological site. The project concerns the development of a 5-star Hospital-ity with a capacity of 45 rooms-suites (or 95 beds) and Spa Destination aiming at providing the highest quality hospitality and therapeutic treatment services. The general layout consists of new and existing building complexes with traditional wooden roofs or planted terraces, open-air spaces, a privately-owned forest and various types of landscape.
The project involves:
- Remodeling and restoration of the listed ‘Archondiko Sarsendi’ of an area of 545 m², built in the 19th century (suites and recreation areas).
- Construction of buildings (appr. 3,978 m²), which includes restaurant, bar, shops, reception, rooms and suites, auxiliary staff areas, administration offic-es, parking area and all supporting infrastructure.
- Construction of the Spa center (appr. 2,485 m²), which is elevated from below the ground level in four levels with planted terraces and consists of facilities for holistic therapy, stimulation, relaxation and massaging, an outdoor and an indoor pool with special bathing services, halls dedicated to exercis-ing, a gym as well as a variety of other activities and all the supporting infrastructure.
- Project management
- Construction tender documents preparation, tender issue, bids evaluation and contracting
- Review of contractors detailed time schedules and monthly progress reports
- Contractors works physical progress evaluation
- Cost control, reporting
- Contractors quantities surveying review
- Contractors progress and payment certificates review
- Preparation of required contractors progress and payment certificates, approved by Owner and relevant supporting documents to be submitted to Authorities and Financing Organisations for funding purposes
- Construction physical progress evaluation and reporting
- Construction management and supervision
- Construction contract administration
- Fulfilment verification of contractor’s quality assurance / quality control system
- Fulfilament verification of contractor’s health, safety and environmental protection systems
- Commissioning, performance tests and start up assistance
- Project handing over and acceptance